The Mission of Gold Field Public Schools is to provide all students with an educational program that encourages them to develop to their full potential intellectually, physically, and socially, in order to be responsible and capable citizens and contributing members of our multi-ethnic society. Inherent within the mission is the belief that all students, working together with the staff and community, can realize self-worth, and can learn that education can make a difference in their lives.
The educational beliefs for Gold Field Public Schools are to create a set of criterions that address content, teaching, and assessment. We believe the following:
1. Every student can learn.
2. Teachers must have clearly defined content area goals and objectives.
3. Students are active participants in the learning process.
4. Student progress is measured by an in-depth study of data obtained from standardized tests, district tests, departmental tests, teacher-made tests, quizzes, performance tasks, and academic investigations.
5. A variety of research methods and strategies based upon current educational research impacts student learning.
6. Teachers understand how the subject area they teach is based upon the Essential Knowledge and Skills.
A school is the first encounter your child has with the outside world other than his/her family circle and is one of the most powerful influences in your child's life.
The process of selecting a school for your child is complex and should not be driven by the biases of one's social network and media hype. The right school for your child must focus on all-round development, enable each child's uniqueness to flourish and impart the modern day 21st century skills for overall development.
For ages, traditional education, with its emphasis on rote learning and memorization of static facts, has valued conformity over novelty of thought. But in today's world of global competition and task automation, innovative capacity and a creative spirit are fast becoming requirements for personal and professional success.
At GFPS, we promote a holistic blend of specific skills inviting specialization and expertise with a multi-dimensional array of skills, which are the need of the hour. By combining the wisdom of the past with the insights and technologies of today, GFPS seeks to provide the right macro framework for schools of the future, which equip students to excel in all spheres of life - even beyond the educational.
At GFPS we believe that parent participation is critical to the education of your child. You are our partners in this journey.
Copyright © Gold Field Public School - All Rights Reserved.